Yvette Oriana Hershaw Background
Born and raised in a family of 6 on a game ranch in Rhodesia by Syd and Joan Gibbons. Syd represented Rhodesia in Swimming at the Olympic Games. Joan represented Rhodesia as a ballerina. My sister Nyretta Boshoff, represented Rhodesia in Swimming and founded and heads up CRC Church Worldwide with her husband Atta Boshoff. My brother Boyd represented Natal as a Swimmer and Kirk has produced his own saxophone albums.
After matriculating in 1988 from Eunice Girls High School. I was selected to attend Old Mutual University. After several years I joined the NBS/BoE group heading up the National Corporate Saver Money Market Sales Division. I was fortunate to have travelled the world with the group and was awarded the top female producer for the group in 2000. After 20 years of service, I was headhunted by Investec Private Bank doing same. Whilst I was with them I studied for my BASI Pilates Certification. I retired from Investec to open my first studio and to raise my two beautiful boys Luke aged 18 and Zach aged 15.
I am a very passionate homemaker and gardener. I love nature and feel very privileged to live in this beautiful village called Hermanus which boasts the mountains, the sea and the lagoon.
- Awarded the Chairlady award as the Top Female Producer for the BOE Group 2000.
- Top Female Producer for Corporate Investments for the Investec Private Bank 2005.
- Placed 1st Freestate Aerobic Sports Championships 1988
- Placed 2nd South African Championships 1988
- Danced Professionally and was selected and sponsored by Total Sports presenting brands such as Nike, Reebok and Adidas 1995 – 2000
- Elected by Totalsport as a body model participating in TV adverts and magazines such as Elle, Cosmopolitan and Fairlady Magazine 1995 – 2000
- Won Miss Amamzimtoti and placed in the finals for Miss South Africa.
- Founded House of Pilates in 2008 successfully selling the studio 15 years LATER
- It is not what you say it is what you do
- Live your life as a testimony to your beliefs.
- Just do it
- Lead by example
- The exercises don’t get easier they get better
- A man is as young as his spinal column
- We retire too early and we die too young
- Breathing is the first act of life and the last
- Pilates is complete coordination of body, mind and spirit
- Civilisation impairs physical fitness
- Fall in love with taking care of your body
- In ten sessions you will feel the difference, in twenty sessions you will see the difference and in thirty sessions you will have a whole new body
- Observe safety protocols at all times
Pilates Qualifications and Certifications
- BASI Comprehensive Certifications
- BASI Advanced Education Certification – Pilates for Injuries and Pathologies
- Reebok Advanced Aerobic Teachers Certification
- Reebok Hip Hop Teachers Certification
- Reebok Step and Slide Teachers Certification